With regard to desirability, the glutes are gaining in popularity, however the glutes are far more than something nice to look at. The gluteus maximus is the largest muscle in the body and serves many important functions.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- flex your knees and hips and sit back into the squat while lowering your body
- Continue down to full depth
- Return to starting position.
- Lie down with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Push your hips up so that your butt is elevated and your back straight.
- Tense your glutes and raise your hips towards the ceiling.
- Once you are at the highest point you can manage, hold the position for a few seconds, and then slowly return to the starting position
- Step forward with one leg.
- Lower your body until your rear knee nearly touches the ground.
- Ensure you remain upright, and your front knee stay above the front foot.
- Push off the floor with your front foot until you return to the starting position. Switch legs.
- Stand with your feet a little past shoulder width apart with a slight bend at your knee. Place your hands behind the back of your head.
- Keeping your back straight, rotate your hips to bring your shoulders down towards the floor. Stop when your chest is parallel with the floor.