The biceps brachii is one of the most often trained muscles. stereotypically most guys want big biceps - and in practice, this is often true. As is commonly known, the main function of the biceps brachii is elbow flexion (what occurs during a curl exercise). However, the biceps have far more responsibilities than just curls.
- Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand at arm's length.
- Raise one dumbbell and twist your forearm until it is vertical and your palm faces the shoulder.
- Lower to original position and repeat with opposite arm
- Hold the dumbbells with a neutral grip (thumbs facing the ceiling).
- Slowly lift the dumbbell up to chest height
- Return to starting position and repeat.