The biceps brachii is one of the most often trained muscles. stereotypically most guys want big biceps - and in practice, this is often true. As is commonly known, the main function of the biceps brachii is elbow flexion (what occurs during a curl exercise). However, the biceps have far more responsibilities than just curls.
- While holding the upper arms stationary, curl the weights forward while contracting the biceps as you breathe out.
- Continue the movement until your biceps are fully contracted and the bar is at shoulder level.
- Hold the contracted position for a second and squeeze the biceps hard.
- Slowly bring the weight back down to the starting position.
- Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand at arm's length.
- Raise one dumbbell and twist your forearm until it is vertical and your palm faces the shoulder.
- Lower to original position and repeat with opposite arm
- Hold the dumbbells with a neutral grip (thumbs facing the ceiling).
- Slowly lift the dumbbell up to chest height
- Return to starting position and repeat.
- Stand up straight with a kettlebell in both hands in front of your pelvis.
- Raise the kettlebell bending your arms at the elbow until the kettlebell is level with your chest.
- Lower to the starting position and repeat.