**Detailed How To:**
- Grab the barbell with a shoulder width, underhand grip.
- Flex at the elbows until your forearms press into your bicep (this will look different from person to person).
- Begin to extend your elbows and control the weight during the eccentric part of the exercise.
- Make sure to fully extend your elbows at the end of the rep.
- Repeat until you hit muscular fatigue (1-3 reps left in the tank)
One of the drawbacks with a Barbell Curl is the bar limits Range of Motion somewhat. The bar will hit your legs before you can fully extend your arms. On most exercises, we want the longest Range or Motion possible. To remedy this,
Push your butt back a tad bit. This will give you a little more room to fully extend your elbows.
Watch out for cheating. Using momentum often naturally happens with a Barbell Curl (and most Dumbbell curl variations). There is a move called the Cheat Curl popularized by Arnold himself. But consider that a separate exercise.
Root your feet to the floor and use a mirror to watch your form. If your hips begin moving and you're unable to continue to perform reps without any hip movement, end the set.
A 6-12 rep range works well for this exercise.