- Balance on the balls of your feet on the platform or plates, leaning forward to use the wall to assist with balance.
- Lower the heels of your feet towards the ground and pause, then push through the balls of your feet like you are standing tip toe, pausing at the apex of the motion.
- Repeat as necessary.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of this exercise:
- Keep your core engaged and your shoulders relaxed as you perform the calf raises.
- Focus on controlling the movement and avoiding any bouncing or momentum.
- To increase the difficulty of the exercise, you can try performing it on one leg at a time, or with a weight in your hand.